Monday, August 29, 2011

Fit for the Kingdom...Love the name!

Rupert West Stake 5k
August 13, 2011

I knew I was going to sign up for another race after the one in Ririe.  I looked at the Teton Running website and found one not too far from me.  I was about to sign up when my sister-in-law suggested that we come to Rupert and participate in a run that is put on by their stake.  I love that they call this "Fit for the Kingdom" not sure why that makes me smile.  Of course I thought I would love to go down and see their family and the run was "for freeeeeeeeee."  (Ok pretend like I sounded like Adam Sandler from Bedtime Stories).

We decided to drive down the night before so the cousins could spend some time playing (fighting).  We had a great time with the family but I can say I was not as prepared to run as I would like to have been.  I was really tired.  We got all dressed and drove the short distance to the church.  It was myself, my sister-in-law, and my fourteen year old daughter who decided to be brave and try to run.  Can I just say we looked cute.  You will have to take my word for it until I get the pictures.

The run was rural (ummm hello you don't get much more rural then Rupert) but it was nice.  The weather was great for running.  At first I did not know how to act with my daughter there.  Was I supposed to run with her?  Could I go at my own pace?  Finally I told her that as long as she could keep up with me we would run together.  This did not turn out to be a problem since she had to tie her shoe after 100 yards.  I told her to catch up and I never saw her until she came across the line.  I was proud of her for finishing.

Race time for fourth 5k: 35:42

A few things I learned from this race: 1) Make sure you have an understanding with your running buddies 2) Don't worry if you are running with someone faster than you and 3) This freeeee race was the most expensive  I have run with the cost of gas, but also the most enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment