Saturday, March 8, 2014

Getting fit is rough...my next 5k

So I haven't sat down to blog for awhile now.  I am not entirely convinced that anyone actually reads this... Anyway I have been running, but not regularly.  I started picking it back up a few months ago. I am more excited about it now that I am beginning to get a glimpse of spring here in Idaho.  (Now that I typed that it will probably snow tomorrow).  The dreadmill gets awful boring.

Anyway, I have been frequenting the gym regularly since December.  It helps that on Fridays I have a gym buddy, my dad.  It looks like I may have picked another one up as well, my cousin Jessica.  Gym buddies make it easier because you have someone to kick you in the butt if you need it.  My dad is quite excellent at kicking my butt.  My triceps and chest often hurt for a full week after working them.

I have been sooooooo (yes, I needed that many "o"s) frustrated with losing weight.  I cut out my Dr. Pepper, well not completely, but I try to have one a week instead of three a day. I have been at the gym, watching what I eat...on and on.  Today, I finally saw the scale moving in my direction.  Motivation ladies and gentlemen..that is what I call that. It is so easy to get frustrated with things that take time to show up...like results on the scale.  I know...I know..everyone tells me that I should be more concerned with inches then pounds...but...I think most of you know the feelings without me saying it. Swim suit season is just around the corner.

So you probably want to hear about my running goals and races this year.  Well, the first one is on April 26th.  It will be the 3rd Annual Heart and Sole of Rigby and coincidentally the 3rd year that I will run it.  Does that make me a race streaker???  A race streaker is someone who runs a race every year...but maybe it has to be more than three.  I don't know the rules on that one.

Anyway, I am also planning on a half-marathon in July.  Kind of a go big or go home philosophy I have going on this year.  Even if I crawl across the finish line it still counts as finishing....right?

So I will keep at it...another day...another plank...another mile...and hopefully another pound (fingers crossed)
Chubby girl...out

No comments:

Post a Comment