Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Great Hyperbolizer or the Uniboober

Well everyone (what I mean is all one of you that read this blog..thanks sis), it is time to get on the fitness train again.  Sometime between divorce then moving, then moving again, then remarriage and moving again, I lost my running mojo.  I lost a lot of mojos (not sure if that is correct pulural...maybe it is moji, but seems amusing).  The last time I even blogged was almost a year ago.  I was focused on being chubby mom and chubby teacher, but not so much on chubby runner.  Then I decided it was time to start again.

I was motivated somewhat and started on the treadmill. Mind you this was a treadmill purchased at a thrift store.  It had some issues from the beginning.  You would start running and once you got to a certain speed it would just cut off.  A few times I felt my life was in danger.  After the treadmill decided to blow up for good (I think this is number #3 for me), we saw the devastating winter of 2016.  This is not hyperbole folks (some of you who lived through it can vouch for me).  We got a zillion feet of snow.  I wasn't about to run outside...heck, our cars were getting stuck in the driveway.

Fast forward to visiting my sister in Washington (six months later..said in the SpongeBob narrator voice).  We were just there not long ago.  My sister is an anomaly.  That girl just had twin boys!!! They are only six months old.  And guess what?  She looks amazing!  She has been back running since her six week check-up (I am sure).  What the heck is my excuse?  It is now warm enough to be outside.  I am not going to get stuck in a six foot snowbank.

When I got home I sent Serena a text asking her to help me come up with a plan.  Being the amazing sister and friend that she is, she gave me a plan.  She told me to walk 1 mile every day for three weeks.  Well, I am almost done with week two.  Most days I have gone over the mile mark.  Almost every day I have had to talk myself into doing it  It feels good to hit the pavement again.  I will be sure to blog again with the continuation of  "the plan."

I did it again this morning.  I always wake up early anyway.  This morning I got my matching walking/running outfit complete with a new sports bra.  I was ready to go.  It was beautiful outside.  The sun was out and it was warm, but not too warm.  I could do this!  I felt like a superhero.  My superhero name would unfortunately be Uniboober.  Ugh...that look is not flattering.  Sports bras are even more torture than regular bras, but that my friends is a blog for another day.

Stayed tuned as I attempt to keep the motivation and hypberbolizing alive.  Chubby girl...out!

No comments:

Post a Comment