Monday, August 12, 2013

Color Vibe 5k

Hello all of you in weblandia!  It has been a long time since I have written a blog.  In fact, I have run two races since I last shared my adventures in chubby running.  I will start with the most recent and then backtrack.  I promise to be better at writing in the future.  I am sure you all want to know about my ventures as a Cross Country Coach.  Also, my next goal to run a half marathon that I keep putting off.

Anyhoo!  On Saturday, I ran a race very different from those I had run previously.  It was called the Color Vibe 5k.  For those of you who do not know what a color race is I will give a brief synopsis.  Basically, you run a 5k in which people douse you with this powdered color.  You end up looking like a 60's child who had a bad run-in with tie dye. This race took place around the Snake River here in Idaho.  It was a huge race with a pre and post race parties.

It was a nice day.  A little cloudy at first.  I worried about the gigantic mess of all this color and rain mixed together, but the clouds soon burned off.   The course was on pavement, on gravel, and on grass.  It was flat and it was hilly.  It was a little bit of everything.  I ran the first mile with no problem at all.  I had a good pace going.  Then about mile 1.4, I decided I needed to go faster.  It was not a good decision on my part.  It actually slowed me down because I got tired.  Anyway, I finished the race with a friend of mine named Tonya who was one of my team members.  We came across together in tie dye glory.  Boy did that color make a mess when mixed with sweat.  All in all it was very fun!  What did I like the best about it?  No stress.  It was not a stressful race.  I merely ran it for the fun of running.  What a novel idea!

That is really what I took away from this race.  I have been running to beat my time.  I have not been competing against anyone but myself, but this has caused me some major stress.  It started to take the fun out of running.  The Color Vibe helped me realize that I should go back to that.  I need to get back to running for fun!   Chubby girl...out!


1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that I'm super proud of you! I will be running(walking) my first 5k on 3/22 (The Color Vibe) and I'm very nervous. I'm a very 'chubby' girl and I'm hoping no one laughs at me for finishing last (that's my fear). BUT I'm still doing it more for moral support to my mother who is checking this off of her bucket list. Blessings ~J~

    ReplyDelete