Sunday, January 29, 2012

I need a doctor...and balance

I love writing this blog, but I seriously need a doctor.  A computer doctor that is.  My computer has been displaying a message that says the cooling system is not working.  Basically if I don't get it fixed it is going to burn up.  Grrr!  So I am writing this blog from another computer until I get a doctor for my laptop.

I have been running mostly on the treadmill for weeks now. Yesterday, however, I ventured outside.  It was a balmy (haha) 23 degrees, but it was nice to get out.  It really is more of a challenge to run outside then on the treadmill.  I think it is more so when it is cold outside.  It is much more fun though.  I can hardly wait to be out all the time.  Speaking of running, my sister who is now a certified personal trainer, designed a half-marathon training plan for me.  I plan on starting it tomorrow.  What a scary concept.  Considering my longest run to this point has been a little over 6 miles.  I would like to be ready to run one in July, as well as running a few 5k and 10ks.

I am still trying to find that balance between work, family, and time for exercise.  I started going to the gym twice a week.  I have to admit that I like it a lot.  I have been able to work on my arms, which have been seriously neglected, but also strength my legs so I can run farther and faster (well that is the plan).   

Can't believe we are almost into the second month of the New Year.  How are those resolutions going for you?  I am plugging along.  Well...I will let you know how my training goes...until next time....Chubby Girl...out!

1 comment:

  1. I think that balance is going to take an eternity for me to figure out! It is hard! I love that you have been doing so well and working so hard! Seriously, I am so proud of you...Heck...I am proud of us! I was looking at the pics on the bottom of the blog that have me and you in...wow...we've come a long ways!Now we just have to keep moving forward!!! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete