Sunday, December 11, 2011

Death of a treadmill and other tragedies

So, I am very sad to announce the death of my treadmill earlier this week.  After several attempts to revive her,  she took her last turn.  She was a really good treadmill, sometimes neglected, sometimes misused.  I still remember when I bought her...on sale...at Walmart.

Ok enough of that.  I have to say though that a treadmill is a must have if you live anywhere with really cold winters....hello Idaho.  The weather has been kind though and I did a run outside yesterday.  It was actually pretty nice.

In other news, I am already having race withdrawals.  I have already been on the Teton Running website to look over the runs I would like to do next year. All 10k...all the way.  Not only that, but as the year comes to an end I looked back.  It has been eight months since I started running consistently.  I have lost 29 pounds and have become much more confident.  I have been averaging about 40 miles a month.  This year I will actually be able to say that I accomplished a New Year's resolution.  I am ready to begin making some for 2012....coming soon!

Chubby girl...on her way to visit grandma...out!

No comments:

Post a Comment