Monday, November 14, 2011

Motivation

What motivates you?  I tell you what motivates me....a bunch of things.  I could make a long list, but I am going to stick with the top 5.

1.  My kids are amazing!  After working all day I often do not have the energy for my kids.  Especially 25 pounds ago.  It was hard to get off the couch after work.  I needed the energy to play with them, help with homework, and to do chores on the weekends together and dance.
2.  I love to swim.  Really I do, but I have not liked myself in a swimsuit for let's see...11+ years.  I would love to wear a suit and not feel like I have to wear a toga over it to hide myself.  (Something zebra print perhaps)
3.  I want to feel good about myself again.  You know it is hard to feel good about the world around you when you don't feel good about yourself.  I am starting to feel that again...slowly but surely.
4.  My sister is an inspiration.  Talk about a tough chick.  She may be younger than me, but I am constantly amazed by her.  She has run several marathons, ultra-marathons, trail races, and so on.  She is tough, fit, a good listener, and friend.
5.  Clothes....hahaha...no really.  There are so many things I see as I am shopping that I would love to buy and wear.  The problem is that I don't look good in them.  My ultimate goal is to wear one of those really cute pairs of bling jeans (that is what I call them anyway).  You know they sell them at places like The Buckle.  They have the cute designs on the back pockets.  Oh yeah and to tuck a shirt in again...that would be cool.

I am running 3-4 days a week right now and have decided to do some strength training and other exercises 2 days a week.  Some days it is easy and some days...yikes.  I will keep trying though.  I have plenty of motivation if I just remember to think about them.  Especially on those rough days.  Next race is Thanksgiving Day...so until then...Chubby girl out!

2 comments:

  1. That is really awesome that I inspire you. Thats one of the nicest things anyone has said about me. I also find you incredibly inspiring. A full time job, mother of 4 and still making time to run! Can't wait to run together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super amazing Steph. I need to borrow your motivation. I'm trying to be healthier myself and somedays are going better than others. I need to get myself all wrapped up and ready to go outside and walk fast (cuase I can't run). You might hear about my exploits...just fyi.

    ReplyDelete